I have travelled the length and breadth of the USA over the past couple of decades, from the city that never sleeps to the laid-back vibes of San Francisco.
However, as these trips weren’t in the last few years, some travel writers helped me put together a guide to the best solo destinations in the USA. They also came up with gems that weren’t on my radar (they are now!).
USA IN A NUTSHELL
- Capital: Washington, DC
- Currency: US Dollar (USD)
- Population: 340 million
- Main languages: English and Spanish
- Time zone: UTC-5
SOLO TRAVEL RATING
- Solo travel rating: 4 out of 5
- Risk to women travellers: Low
- Travel costs: Moderate to Expensive
- Recommended for first-time solo travellers: Yes