Although I have visited Stockholm a few times, seeing the rest of Sweden is on my travel bucket list.
This is the land of the Vikings heritage, cool cities, vast forests and serene lakes. Swedish Lapland is one of the best places in Europe to witness the Northern Lights.
SWEDEN IN A NUTSHELL
- Capital: Stockholm
- Currency: Swedish kronor (SEK)
- Population: 10 million
- Official language: Swedish
- Time zone: UTC+1
SOLO TRAVEL RATING
- Solo travel rating: 3 out of 5
- Risk to women travellers: Low
- Travel costs: Expensive
- Recommended for first-time solo travellers: Yes