Travelling in Malaysia is a joy. This underrated jewel of a country offers a diversity of cultures and landscapes and has a rich historical heritage.
Up until now, I’ve confined my travels to Peninsular Malaysia but Borneo is high on my travel bucket list.
MALAYSIA IN A NUTSHELL
- Capital: Kuala Lumpur
- Currency: Malaysian ringgit (MYR)
- Population: 34 million
- Official language: Bahasa Malaysia
- Time zone: UTC+8
SOLO TRAVEL RATING
- Solo travel rating: 4 out of 5
- Risk to women travellers: Medium
- Travel costs: Moderate
- Recommended for first-time solo travellers: Yes