Welcome to my home turf. I may be biased, but London is one of the greatest cities on earth, with a history stretching back millennia and crammed with cultural attractions and historic landmarks.
But England is so much more than its capital. The Lake District, for example, holds a special place in my heart and is one of the most beautiful corners of Europe.
If you like your craft beer, you’ve come to the right country, and there’s even a thriving wine industry.
ENGLAND IN A NUTSHELL
- Capital: London
- Currency: British pound (GBP)
- Population: 56 million
- Official language: English
- Time zone: UTC
SOLO TRAVEL RATING
- Solo travel rating: 4 out of 5
- Risk to women travellers: Low
- Travel costs: Moderate (London: expensive)
- Recommended for first-time solo travellers: Yes