If it’s a country with a rich cultural heritage, spectacular coastal landscapes and vibrant cities you are after, head to Denmark. This Scandinavian gem is also home to fairy-tale castles and some of the warmest people on the planet.
Your taste buds will also be tantalised. Denmark is renowned for its cuisine, incorporating traditional Nordic flavours with modern twists.
DENMARK IN A NUTSHELL
- Capital: Copenhagen
- Currency: Danish kroner (DKK)
- Population: 6 million
- Major languages: Danish, Faroese, Greenlandic, German. English is the predominant second language
- Time zone: UTC+1
SOLO TRAVEL RATING
- Solo travel rating: 3 out of 5
- Risk to women travellers: Low
- Travel costs: Expensive
- Recommended for first-time solo travellers: Yes